click to enlarge
The Historic Beverly Shores Station
Beverly Shores, Indiana
Built in 1929 by the Chicago South Shore and South Bend Railroad (an interurban electric railroad), the Beverly Shores station is a fine example of Spanish Revival architecture, and perhaps the last example of a train station built in this style. During this time, the railroad was owned by Samual Insull who also designed several other stations along the South Shore Line using this Spanish Revival style.
This particular station was boarded up in 1997, no longer fit for use. The station was saved and by 2001 it was restored and turned into the Beverly Shores Depot Museum and Art Gallery. The waiting room still serves as the train station waiting room for the South Shore Railroad.