You're Gonna Get Your Feet Wet!

click to enlarge

You're Gonna Get Your Feet Wet!

If you decide to walk to the outer light of the St. Joseph, Michigan lighthouses on a cold windy day, you need to realize that you're going to get your feet wet - maybe even your entire body! This day wasn't too windy, so the waves crashed onto the pier and only got me wet up to my ankles. Last summer, the waves were breaking two feet over the pier - getting me wet from head to toe and almost knocking me into the water. That's fine in the summer, but the water temperature now is way too cold to get that wet!

Here, I'm standing next to the outer range light, looking toward shore as the waves crash in front of me. As much as I hate winter, I can't wait until the water begins freezing on the lighthouses - the November gales begin to create alien-like forms out of the great lakes lighthouses.

No comments: