First Light

click to enlarge

First Light

Nothing beats seeing nature wake up, problem is you have to get up pretty early to capture it. - Get up, get dressed, get the gear together, drive to your destination, get the gear out, hike to a spot and wait. That means 4:30 am this time of year.

Will it be cloudy? Foggy? That's part of the fun, and you never know what you're going to see. Most of the time I set up and discover something else I'd rather capture - like this: the Illinois and Michigan Canal just before sunrise. You often find the best colors just before sunrise or right after sunset.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can really relate to this one.
This is what I see after I begin My handicapped bus route at 6:00 AM. It starts to look like this when I arrive in Elk Grove Village Illinois.
I love seeing the morning sunrise on My job.

Thanks.
Eddie K.